Roof insulation with Rockwool
Rockwool is one of the most commonly used insulation panels today in the field of insulation construction. So, what is the origin of Rockwool insulation board , what are its characteristics and why is it used so much? Let's find out more details about this type of insulation board.
Rockwool insulation sheet is also known as Rockwool cotton or rock wool. This is an insulating material made from rock ore Basalt and Dolomite melted at 1600 degrees Celsius. Then they are put into a specialized machine and spun into small cotton fibers and other chemicals and then pressed. in sheets, rolls or tubes. This is considered a very environmentally friendly material.
When it comes to Rockwool insulation board in particular and insulation materials in general, most people are interested in 2 parameters: insulation coefficient and thermal conductivity coefficient.
Thermal resistance depend on density of rockwool
- Rockwool density 60kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – R value (m2K/W) : 1.5
- Rockwool density 80kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – R value ( m2K/W) : 1.5
- Rockwool density100kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – R value ( m2K/W) : 1.6
- Rockwool density 120kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – R value ( m2K/W) : 1.6
Thermal conductivity RockwooASTM C612-93:
- Rockwool 60kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – K Value: 0.034 W/moC; 0.235 BTU-in/(hrft2oF)
- Rockwool 80kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – K Value: 0.034 W/moC; 0.235 BTU-in/(hrft2oF)
- Rockwool 100kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – K Value: 0.034 W/moC; 0.235 BTU-in/(hrft2oF)
- Rockwool 120kg/m3 – thickness 50mm – K Value: 0.033 W/moC; 0.24 BTU-in/(hrft2oF)
South VietNam : 182 Le Dai Hanh, Ward.14, Distric. 10, HCM City
Ha Noi: 0914 989 179
Ho Chi Minh: 0937 222 568
Construction instructions for COOL FOAM XPS insulation for flat roofs